Effective from 20 May 2017
At UNI we are building a collaborative community of creative people. UNI offers a place to upload your projects along with the thought process behind it and start discussions with other creative people who would be interested. This enables designers to share their work, get feedback and create new knowledge to make design more open and available to all.
UNI works by users of UNI sharing their work, ideas and generating discussions on the UNI. Users of UNI helps in making UNI a great community for creative people. UNI is a place where which enables a fashion designer to work with a biologist together or a biotechnology scientist to critically analyze a product designer’s work. Its a place where all knowledge domains of art, design, and engineering co-exist for learning, imagination and innovation.
In order to provide a space where everyone feels comfortable in sharing their work discuss their ideas and share among others, all UNI users should follow UNI key principles, UNI Policies, and UNI Terms of Service. We have created a list of Do’s and Dont’s for the users to make each UNI page useful and a great community for everyone.
You agree that you will:
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, Privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- Provide accurate information to us and keep it updated;
- Use your real name on your profile;
- Use the Services in a professional manner.
- Use UNI to provide constructive feedback to the fellow users. If you do not agree with someone’s opinion/design you may provide them constructive critics rather than bullying/harassing other users.
- Use precise and concise language when discussing on the platform., Use proper grammar while putting your ideas, discussions and project description on the platform.
- Write clear answers to the discussions and attach any supporting image or file if you have, which can give generate constructive conversations leading to innovative ideas.
Our list of what to do on UNI to make each UNI page useful and a great community for everyone.
You agree that you will not:
- Act in an unlawful or unprofessional manner in connection with our Services, including being dishonest, abusive or discriminatory;
- Post inaccurate, defamatory obscene, shocking, hateful, threatening or otherwise inappropriate content or airing personal grievances or disputes;
- Use an image that is not your likeness or a head-shot photo for your profile;
- Create a false identity on UNI. The occasional creation of clearly fictional profiles by UNI or with its express permission in connection with a promotional campaign does not waive this obligation;
- Misrepresent your identity (e.g. by using a pseudonym), your current or previous positions, qualifications, works, or affiliations with a person or entity;
- Create a User profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person);
- Invite people you do not know to join your network;
- Use or attempt to use another’s account;
- Harass, abuse or harm another person;
- Send or post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any form of solicitation unauthorized by UNI;
- Develop, support or use software, devices, scripts, robots, or any other means or processes (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, or any other technology or manual work) to scrape the Services or otherwise copy profiles and other data from the Services without our permission;
- Bypass or circumvent any access controls or Service use limits (such as caps on keyword searches);
- Copy, use, disclose or distribute any information obtained from the Services, whether directly or through third parties (such as search engines), without the consent of UNI;
- Solicit email addresses or other personal information from Members you don’t know, without authorization.
- Use, disclose or distribute any data obtained in violation of this policy;
- Disclose information that you do not have the consent to disclose (such as confidential information of others (including your employer/team members));
- Violate the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, patents, Trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights. For example, do not copy or distribute (except through the available sharing functionality) the posts or other content of others without their permission, which they may give by posting under a Creative Commons license;
- Violate the intellectual property or other rights of UNI, including, without limitation, (i) copying or distributing our learning videos or other materials or (ii) copying or distributing our technology, unless it is released under open source licenses; (iii) using the word “UNI” or our logos in any business name, email, or URL
- Use UNI invitations to send messages to people who don’t know you or who are unlikely to recognize you as a known contact;
- Post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code;
- Manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or post transmitted through the Services.
- Create profiles or provide content that promotes escort services or prostitution.
- Create or operate a pyramid scheme, fraud or other similar practice;
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology that is not open source;
- Imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by UNI without our express consent (e.g., representing yourself as an accredited UNI trainer);
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell access to the Services or related data;
- Sell, sponsor, or otherwise monetize any Service without UNI’s consent;
- Deep-link to our Services for any purpose other than to promote your profile or a Group on our Services, without our consent;
- Remove any copyright, Trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on our Service;
- Remove, cover or obscure any advertisement included on the Services;
- Use bots or other automated methods to access the Services, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages;
- Monitor the Services’ availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose;
- Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Services;
- Overlaying or otherwise modifying the Services or their appearance;
- Access the Services except through the interfaces expressly provided by UNI, such as its mobile applications, competitions;
- Use a Service for tasks that it is not intended for;
- Override any security feature of the Services;
- Interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Services (e.g., spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms); and/or
- Violate the Community Guidelines or any additional terms concerning a specific Service that are provided when you sign up for or start using such Service.
Our list of what not to do on UNI to avoid spam content keep the discussions meaningful.